- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- Environmental Horticulture
- Tree Fruits
- Chill Portions and the Dynamic Model
- Weather Data
- Local Marketing and Agritourism
- Turf Demonstration Project
- Chuck's Recent Presentations
Koeleria macrantha (ko-LER-ree-uh ma-KRAN-tha)
Junegrass is a perennialbunchgrass that is native to much of North America. It has a reputation as an excellent turf grass.
Like many cool-season native grasses, it can go dormant in late summer. But with irrigation it should stay green.
In our meadow, it formed strongly upright growth and it is the smallest of the grasses there.
|In the turf plot, Junegrass has been slow growing and again, strongly upright. It is not filling in quickly as other species are. It has only needed mowing twice up to mid May.