- Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- Environmental Horticulture
- Tree Fruits
- Chill Portions and the Dynamic Model
- Weather Data
- Local Marketing and Agritourism
- Turf Demonstration Project
- Chuck's Recent Presentations
These 3 plots consist of a blend of 2 varieties:
- 90% dwarf tall fescue, Festuca arundinacea, (fes-TOO-kuh a-run-din-uh-SEE-uh)
- 10% Kentucky bluegrass, Poa pratensis, (POH-ah pray-TEN-sis)
Bruce Kennedy and Pat Schink are laying the sod in September 2010.
The sod resulted in very little weed growth - only a few vetch and wild oats grew. It has a consistent, dark green color. It has required frequent mowing and will likely do poorly at the lowest irrigation level. It's very nice looking, but is it worth the use of huge amounts of water and the air pollution and fuel use from all the mowing?